Which type of vinyl do I need?

Which type of vinyl do I need?

Posted by TZ on Dec 28th 2019

I want to make a car decal. What do I need to get started?

I want to make a t-shirt. What do I need?

HTV, Heat Transfer, Adhesive, Temporary, Permanent, Carrier, Transfer Tape.

All very confusing words when you are just getting started...… I remember when I was starting and I remember thinking everyone wasn't speaking my language. lol! The good news is that its really not that hard. Thankfully :)

To make a decal you need Adhesive vinyl such as our Avery Permanent Adhesive. Outdoor projects or decals for putting on cups and tumblers should be Avery or Siser. If you're putting a decal on your wall, a piece of wood, etc use the VW Removable Adhesive Vinyl. It even has a year outdoor durability as well as can be used to stencil!

I feel Avery Permanent Adhesive or Siser EasyPSV is a great learning point. Get the adhesive vinyl down first and then lets move on from there :) 

We personally LOVE Thermoflex Plus for Heat Transfer Vinyl. It is soft, stretchy, and matte! It is a high pressure heat transfer making it easy to press with a heatpress. If you are looking for the same finish but less pressure I would recommend Thermoflex Turbo! It is fast press low, temperature, and low pressure with the same results as Thermoflex Plus. 

We carry a large variety of both adhesives and heat transfers. Once you get the hang of creating custom items you will never look back! It is truly life changing.

Good luck and welcome to this exciting new world :)